If Your Child Is Having Surgery
Select Physician’s Surgery Center is a child-friendly facility. Our nursing staff has had many years of experience in caring for children and understand the impact surgery has on them.
To make their day, and yours, a little less stressful, we recommend the following:
- If possible, arrangements should be made for the care of siblings. The child having surgery will need your full attention.
- Encourage your child to bring a favorite toy or blanket.
- If your child uses diapers, a pacifier, a bottle, or a “sippy” cup, please bring that along.
- Parent/legally designated care-giver will be asked to wear an identifying bracelet with the same information contained on the child’s bracelet. You may remove these once you are discharged from the facility.
- Parent/legally designated care-giver shall remain in the pre-op area with the child until the time of surgery.
- Parent/legally designated care-giver shall not leave the facility while child is having surgery.
- Parent/legally designated care-giver may be with the child during the recovery process as soon as Anesthesia/PACU nurse determines it is appropriate.